This is a service offered by PopeyMon to repair the tape drive (a.k.a. the Datacorder) on your Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2. The service applies to the Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2 (Grey), +2A or +2B (Black).
The Datacorder can stop loading and saving. It can completely jam up. It can chew tapes. It can even cause hum on the sound.
These problems can be caused by dirt, dust, heat, corrosion, physical damage to keys, the drive belts, the mechanism, poor PCBs, bad repairs and so on.
The Datacorder repair service works like this:
- You send me your Datacorder by extracting it from the case, or send me your whole Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2.
- I carefully remove the existing Datacorder and fix it.
- I put the repaired Datacorder back in to your +2, or to one of my +2 test machines. I test.
- Optionally, I can perform repairs or other improvement work as requested by you. These services cost extra – please see the services I offer below.
- You pay the Invoice. I send the Datacorder or +2 back to you, carefully packaged.
The costs are:
- £15 to repair the Datacorder on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2. Postage costs will be extra and will be included in the final invoice that you pay before I send the Datacorder and/or Spectrum back to you.
This service is for repairing the Datacorder only.
I also sell refurbished Datacorders for both Grey +2 and Black +2 (+2A/+2B).
If you require other services, please ask about those and I can give you a quote. I offer (click the links for more details):
- replacing all electrolytic capacitors on the Spectrum main board
- sourcing and replacing the keyboard membrane on your 16k/48k/+/Toastrack Spectrum
- performing the “composite mod” so that the display is much better and suited to modern TVs
- repairs and improvements to rubber key Spectrum 16k/48k/Spectrum + (Plus) main boards (PCB)
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum (Grey +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2A/+2B (Black +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +3 main board (PCB) plus disk drives and keyboards
When your Spectrum is with me, I will contact you about any extra work before going ahead.
I also sell games, joysticks, joystick interfaces, power supplies, tape players and leads.
Contact me and I will put together a bundle for you. Please see the article at this link here for more information.