This is a service offered by PopeyMon to repair the keyboard on your Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2. The service applies to the Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2 (Grey), +2 (Black) and +3 (Black). I offer a different service (link here) for the 16k/48k/+ and Toastrack Spectrum models.
The +2/+3 keyboard can stop working. It can be caused by dirt, dust, heat, corrosion, physical damage to keys, the backplate, the springs and/or the membrane, or damage to the keyboard ribbon and more.
The keyboard repair service works like this:
- You send me your Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2/+3.
- I carefully remove the existing membrane.
- I put the new membrane in and seal up your Spectrum again. I test.
- Or optionally, I can perform repairs or other improvement work as requested by you. These services cost extra – please see the services I offer below.
- I send the Spectrum back to you, carefully packaged.
The costs are:
- £20 to repair the keyboard on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2 or +3. Postage costs will be extra and will be included in the final invoice.
This service is for repairing the keyboard only.
If you require other services, please ask about those and I can give you a quote. I offer (click the links for more details):
- replacing all electrolytic capacitors on the Spectrum main board
- sourcing and replacing the keyboard membrane on your 16k/48k/+/Toastrack Spectrum
- performing the “composite mod” so that the display is much better and suited to modern TVs
- repairs and improvements to rubber key Spectrum 16k/48k/Spectrum + (Plus) main boards (PCB)
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum (Grey +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2A/+2B (Black +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +3 main board (PCB) plus disk drives and keyboards
When your Spectrum is with me, I will contact you about any extra work before going ahead.
I also sell games, joysticks, joystick interfaces, power supplies, tape players and leads.
Contact me and I will put together a bundle for you. Please see the article at this link here for more information.