Repairing the Datacorder on YOUR Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2 (Grey) or +2A (Black) or +2B (Black).
1 in stock (can be backordered)
This is a service offered by PopeyMon to repair and refurbish the disc drive on your Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +3. The service applies to the Sinclair ZX Spectrum +3 only. I also offer a service to refurbish the tape drive (Datacorder) on a +2.
The disk drive can stop loading and saving. It can completely jam up. It can damage disks.
These problems can be caused by dirt, dust, heat, corrosion, physical damage to keys, the drive belts, the mechanism, poor PCBs, bad repairs and so on.
The disk drive repair service works like this:
- You buy the service from this website, which includes the return postage. After checkout, I will send you the address to send to.
- You package up and send me your disk drive by extracting it from the case, or you can send me your whole Sinclair ZX Spectrum +3.
- I carefully remove the existing disk drive and fix it.
- I put the repaired disk drive back in to your +3, or if you have sent me just the drive, to one of my +3 test machines. I test it.
- Optionally, I can perform repairs or other improvement work as requested by you. These services cost extra – please see the services I offer below.
- I send the disk drive or +3 back to you, carefully packaged.
The costs are:
- £20 to repair the disk drive on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum +3. Return postage cost is added at Checkout. The postage to send to me will be met by you.
This service is for repairing and refurbishing an existing disk drive only.
If you require other services, please ask about those and I can give you a quote. I offer (click the links for more details):
- replacing all electrolytic capacitors on the Spectrum main board
- sourcing and replacing the keyboard membrane on your 16k/48k/+/Toastrack Spectrum
- performing the “composite mod” so that the display is much better and suited to modern TVs
- repairs and improvements to rubber key Spectrum 16k/48k/Spectrum + (Plus) main boards (PCB)
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum (Grey +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2A/+2B (Black +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +3 main board (PCB) plus disk drives and keyboards
When your equipment is with me, I will contact you about any extra work before going ahead.
I also sell games, joysticks, joystick interfaces, power supplies, tape players and leads.
Contact me and I will put together a bundle for you. Please see the article at this link here for more information.