This is the board inside the original rubber key (48k) Sinclair ZX Spectrum.
Available on back-order
A fully refurbished Sinclair ZX Spectrum board, suitable for you to install in the case of a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k (with rubber keys).
It will also work in a Spectrum + case, but you may want need a reset button to be fitted. Please note that I also sell refurbished boards for the Spectrum + that include the reset button already fitted – see the Product here.
This computer board has been refurbished by PopeyMon Games and Fun. I have sold many Spectrums to happy customers.
This board has been fully tested and working. Tests have been run to ensure reliability. Tests are run with the power off and tests are run with the power on. Tests include:
- the notoriously unreliable DC-DC converter circuit
- display circuitry and output
- with a keyboard (not included but used to test to make sure the keyboard circuitry works)
- all lower RAM chips
- all upper RAM chips
- the ROM chip
- the CPU chip
- the ULA chip
- the edge connector has been tested with a joystick interface and with a Retroleum Smartcard to ensure that it can run with modern components
The TV output has been modernised to use “composite video” which is available on most modern TVs. It replaces the original RF output which is inferior. You will need a composite video lead and please check that your TV has a composite video output connector.
All electrolytic capacitors have been replaced with quality new ones. These capacitors go bad over time, with heat, storage conditions and other factors. They can then damage the computer or affect its function. Replacing them reduces the likelihood of problems in the future. The replacement capacitors are quality capacitors – Vishay, Panasonic or Nichicon.
This is for the computer board only. You will need to supply a case and keyboard. I have these for sale.
If you want the board to be fitted to your Spectrum, then please get in touch.
The photo is a generic photo for this product. If you want to see the actual board that you will receive, please get in touch and I can send you photos.
I also sell fully refurbished SInclair ZX Spectrum computers, ranging from:
- the original rubber key 16k/48k models
- the Sinclair ZX Spectrum + (Plus) model
- the Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k (“Toastrack”) black model
- the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2 (“Grey”) model
- the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2A and +2B (“Black”) models
- the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +3 (disk drive) models
If I haven’t got any showing as “In Stock” on the website, please get in touch as I may have more coming up for sale soon.
I also sell games, joysticks, joystick interfaces, power supplies, tape players and leads.
I will put together a custom bundle for you, if you contact me. Please see the article at this link here for more information.