Replacing all electrolytic capacitors (re-capping) on YOUR Spectrum.
1 in stock (can be backordered)
This is a service offered by PopeyMon to replace all electrolytic capacitors on your Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2 or +3. I offer a similar service for the other models of 16k/48k/+ models of Spectrum, and a separate service for the 128k Grey +2 and 128k Toastrack models.
Electrolytic capacitors live on the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) inside your Spectrum. They can deteriorate with age, outside temperature, dampness, heat inside the Spectrum and with use.
Capacitors that are worsening can cause problems for your Spectrum and can even damage other components or even stop your Spectrum from working altogether.
It works like this:
- You send me your Sinclair ZX Spectrum.
- I carefully replace each and every electrolytic capacitor with a quality new capacitor. This will be quality Vishay, Panasonic or Nichicon capacitors.
- If you wish, I can also perform the “composite modification” to make the video display a composite signal for modern TVs, instead of the old analogue RF signal on Channel 36 UHF.
- Optionally, I can perform repairs or other work as requested by you. This costs extra.
- I send you the Invoice, including the return postage.
- I send the Spectrum back to you, carefully packaged.
The costs are:
- £15 for a Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2 or +3
This service is for replacing the electrolytic capacitors on the main board only – not the tape drive or disk drive.
If you require other services, please ask about those and I can give you a quote. I offer (click the links for more details):
- sourcing and replacing the keyboard membranes and performing other keyboard repairs
- performing the “composite mod” so that the display is much better and suited to modern TVs
- repairs and improvements to rubber key Spectrum 16k/48k/Spectrum + (Plus) main boards (PCB)
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum (Grey +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2A/+2B (Black +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +3 main board (PCB) plus disk drives and keyboards
When your Spectrum is with me, I will contact you about any extra work before going ahead.
I also sell games, joysticks, joystick interfaces, power supplies, tape players and leads.
Contact me and I will put together a bundle for you. Please see the article at this link here for more information.