This is the Amstrad re-design of the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2, in the grey case. It is for the computer unit plus the power supply only. Please see full description and see the photos of the machine that you will receive.
Out of stock
This is from the Amstrad era of the Spectrum. It has 128k of RAM, a proper keyboard and has a tape player built-in.
It is a Grey +2, the first Amstrad-built model of the ZX Spectrum.
It has RGB output for the TV which is much better than the old RF output and is more compatible with modern TVs (RGB to SCART cable not supplied but available elsewhere).
In very good condition. Fully tested and working. All keys working. Everything cleaned fully including full strip down. Tape drive fully tested and working.
It has improvements from the factory build of the Issue 3 Taiwan main board and tape drive:
– all electrolytic capacitors replaced with new Panasonic
– RGB to SCART fault fixed, with very clear display. The fault at the factory has been fixed.
– all hum from the tape player removed. This was a factory fault.
– tape sound, AY sound and beeper (ULA) sound all re-balanced from the faulty factory build, where the AY sound is “quiet” compared to tape and beeper. This does not affect loading and saving, which works very well (see below).
It is fully working:
– clear bright display on RGB
– sound working, with mixing enhancements as above
– tape drive LOADing and SAVing (and VERIFYing), with new belt fitted
– edge connector working with SD card device such as Retroleum Smartcard
– both joystick ports working
Case has no damage, it has all feet, just some scratches to case and tape cover. Please see photos.
The RF output has been removed. It is very inferior to the RGB to SCART which is very clear.
This sale is for the unit only. I sell power supplies separately.
Fully tested and has included:
– tests of all RAM chips and RAM multiplexer PCF chip
– tests of ROM chips
– test of CPU
– tests of ULA
– tests of AY sound chip
– loading and saving 48k and 128k games (see 128k Auf Wiedersehen Monty in photo), including fast loaders like Knight Lore
– joystick ports
Please see photos to see the one you will receive working. The one in the photos is the one you will receive.
I have tested it with an official Spectrum PSU and leads and a joystick. The power supply is included and will come with a UK plug unless you ask me to remove it.
I also sell power supplies and other accessories separately in the website shop.
This is for the computer and power supply only. You will need a RGB to SCART lead for the display. There is no RF output.
I also sell games, joysticks, joystick interfaces, power supplies, tape players and leads.
I will put together a custom bundle for you, if you contact me.