This is a service offered by PopeyMon to improve and modernise the TV display on your Sinclair ZX Spectrum – rubber key models and Spectrum +.
The original TV display used Radio Frequency (RF) modulation to generate the old analogue TV signal on Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Channel 36.
But the ZX Spectrum generates a composite video signal, which is used as input to the RF modulator on the Spectrum board.
So it is a fairly simple job to bypass the RF modulation and input the composite video signal to the same phono connector on the back of the Spectrum.
This can be achieved in a number of ways, depending on your requirements and the TV that you have.
Of course, you need to check that your TV has a composite video connector. Please check this before ordering this service.
And please tell me which type of Spectrum that you have, and whether you want further improvements to the signal.
It works like this:
- You send me your Sinclair ZX Spectrum, paying for the postage and packing.
- I have a look inside, and install the composite video modification.
- I test the signal. I advise on whether I think more work is needed, depending on your input.
- Optionally, I can perform repairs or other work as requested by you. This costs extra – please see the services I offer on this website.
- I send the Spectrum back to you, carefully packaged with the Invoice. You pay the Invoice including postage costs.
The costs are:
- £5 to perform a simple composite video modification on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 16k or Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k or Sinclair ZX Spectrum + . Postage and packing costs will be extra and will be included in the Invoice.
- £10 to improve the signal output to your specification, depending on your requirements – brighter, dimmer, clearer. Of course, the end result will depend on your own TV, but more work on the signal will increase the quality of the signal coming out of the Spectrum.
If you require other services, please ask about those and I can give you a quote. I offer (click the links for more details):
- replacing all electrolytic capacitors on the Spectrum main board
- replacing the keyboard membrane on Spectrum 16k/48k/Spectrum +/Toastrack 128
- repairs and improvements to rubber key Spectrum 16k/48k/Spectrum + (Plus) main boards (PCB)
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum (Grey +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +2A/+2B (Black +2) main board (PCB) plus tape drives and keyboards
- repairs, improvements and servicing to the Sinclair 128k ZX Spectrum +3 main board (PCB) plus disk drives and keyboards
When your Spectrum is with me, I will contact you about any extra work before going ahead.
I also sell games, joysticks, joystick interfaces, power supplies, tape players and leads.
Contact me and I will put together a bundle for you. Please see the article at this link here for more information.